Tarabios: Mobile Blood Coagulation (PT/INR) Measurement Device for Self-Testing
Prof. Dr. Hakan Ürey / Koç University
Tarabios is a project lead by Prof. Urey and his team by the support of İnventam. In this project a patent pending mobile blood coagulation (PT/INR) device which incorporates a unique and advanced measurement technology, is developed. In particular, the device allows a patient under warfarin treatment to measure his or her PT/INR level easily and accurately at the comfort of his or her home.
The device is unique because it is a micro level fiber optic mechanical measurement system that can directly measure the blood clotting speed. Compared to current electrochemical measurement methods used in existing POC devices, this device measures faster with high accuracy and is not effected by the agents in the blood. In addition, since this is a platform technology with some additional R&D, it can also detect many diseases.
Intellectual Property Rights
There are two patents pending. First one is granted in USA and EU, and pending in other countries. The second patent passed PCT process successfully and entered to USA, EU, Japan, China and Russia.
Prof. Dr. Hakan Ürey
- Professor, Koç University
- PhD. Georgia Technology Institue, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 150 articles, 30 licensed patents, incl. pico-projector product patents of the Microvision
- Expertise in Optical and Miniature Systems
Dr. Göksenin Yaralıoğlu
- Research Associate, Stanford University,
- PhD., Bilkent University, Electric and Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc., 2013, Başkent University, Biomedical Engineering